|Object ID #||1960.086.005|
|Lexicon category||4: T&E For Materials|
|Year Range from||1870|
|Year Range to||1880|
|Place of Origin||Unknown|
|Description||Mould-blown glass wine or water goblet, 1870s. It is clear glass, with an inverted conical shaped bowl suported by a pedestal-like stem and base. The upper area has a smooth top rim, and eight sections (sides) around the side. The stem is smooth and rounded. The base is mostly smooth, with a rough central pontil mark. There is no manufacturer's identification. Nor any applied decoration.|
Provenance unknown - It is not known which family, Inglis or Kennedy, first owned the goblet, or where it was made.
Last owned by Amy Kennedy, who suggested that it dates from the 1870s. She was a grand-daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Inglis of Inglis Falls, Derby Township, Grey County (near Owen Sound). Her mother, Helen Inglis, married Mr. Thomas Kennedy of Owen Sound. Thomas was a son of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Kennedy Sr. Peter Inglis was a mill owner.
In her lifetime, Miss Kennedy resided both at Inglis Falls and at Owen Sound, Grey County.
|Collection||Food Service Tools & Equipment|
|Dimensions||H-12.4 Dia-5.9 cm|
|Found||Grey County, Ontario|