Museum logo
Museum logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object ID # 2008.109.021ab
Object Name Can
Lexicon category 10: Unclassifiable Artifacts
Year Range from 1899
Year Range to 1925
Made Manning-Bowman Co.
Place of Origin Meriden, Connecticut, United States of America
Description Silver-plated item with a black rubber squeeze bulb and a long curved nozzle. Its model number is "2732", and it is also stamped with "PAT. JUNE 6 99" [1899]. The filler cap is lined with a piece of waxed paper. Its exterior has a single knurled row, to assist in turning the cap.
Makers mark Impressed on the underside with "Manning Quality / Bowman / MERIDEN, CONN. / 2732 / PAT. JUNE 6 99" [1899]
Provenance Manufactured by the Manning-Bowman Company. Patented June 6, 1899. It belonged to Morrison United Church, in Cedarville, Grey County. The church was built on the site of a former church in 1899-1900; it was initially a Presbyterian Church, and became a United Church in 1924-1925. It was named in honour of the Reverend John Morrison, who was a Presbyterian minister in the area in the 19th-century. The church's last minister was Marianne Leach Hoffer. It closed in 2008.
Collection Religious Collection
Material Silver/Metal/Rubber
Dimensions H-19 W-11 L-23.5 cm
Found Cedarville, Township of Southgate, Grey County
Search Terms Manning-Bowman Co.

Morrison United Church (Cedarville)
Cedarville