|Object ID #||1990.021.019|
|Object Name||Shade, Lighting|
|Lexicon category||2: Building Furnishings|
|Credit line||In Memory of Edwin Miller|
|Place of Origin||Unknown|
Fringed, round-shaped, blue cloth lampshade for an electric lamp. A bent wire piece was used to grip the top of the lightbulb. The fabric is gathered, and is now somewhat faded. There is no maker's identification.
Owned by two of the sons of Caroline and John Miller. The Millers lived in a farm house south of Hanover, Normanby Township, Grey County.
The last owner, Dorothy Miller (neé Miller), was married to Edwin Miller, a brother of the last two occupants of the Miller farmhouse - twin brothers, Noah and Aaron Miller. Born in December, 1902, Noah died in 1976, and Aaron died in 1978.
Many Grey County farmhouses did not receive hydro until the late 1940s or into the 1950s. It is unknown which year the Miller farm had electrical power added.
|Collection||Household Equipment, 20th-c Collection|
|Dimensions||H-12.7 Dia-37 cm|
|Found||Normanby Township (formerly), Municipality of West Grey, Grey County|
Miller, John & Caroline
|Function||A household lamp shade, which would fit onto an electric lamp.|