|Object ID #||1992.027.014|
|Object Name||Shaft, Drive|
|Lexicon category||7: Distribution & Transportation Artifact|
|Artist||General Motors of Canada Ltd.|
|Made||General Motors of Canada Ltd.|
|Place of Origin||Canada|
CHEVROLET drive shaft (an automotive part). This driveshaft consists of a long, metal, tubular rod with one end coated in paper. Attached to the thinner, paper-coated end is a cardboard label addressed to O.E. Wallis, Watford, Ontario from General Motors of Canada Ltd. The other end is plain, with a lip around the circular opening. The driveshaft is embossed with an s-like motif in a rectangle with 474910.
It looks like the part was sent to an O.E. Wallis of Watford, Ontario, from the General Motors of Canada Ltd. factory.
This would be a post-1918 item, as that was the year that General Motors of Canada was created.
Owned by and used at the Dornoch, Grey County garage owned by J. Leonard Walsh. J. Leonard Walsh operated his garage at Dornoch, Ontario in the 1930s and 1940s. He was an Imperial Oil representative, starting in the 1920s.
Passed to his nephew, Patrick Sweeney, who used to assist his uncle in the garage.
|Collection||Transportation, Automobiles & Equipment Collection|
|Dimensions||L-131 Dia-4.2 cm|
|Found||Dornoch, Municipality of West Grey, Grey County|
Walsh, J. Leonard