|Object ID #||2005.017.003|
|Object Name||Bag, Garment|
|Title||Storage Bag for a Reverend's Robes|
|Lexicon category||3: Personal Artifacts|
|Year Range from||1927|
|Year Range to||1935|
|Made||Harcourt & Son Ltd.|
|Place of Origin||Toronto, Ontario|
A large storage bag, all-black in colour. It has a thick draw-cord closure (the cord ends in two large tassels). Inked inside is "Maurice F. Oldham WYCLIFFE COLLEGE Toronto. Ont." A red and black woven label inside identifies the maker as Harcourt & Son Ltd. Robemakers, Toronto, Ontario.
|Makers mark||Established --42 / Harcourt & Son Limited / Robemakers / Toronto, Ont.|
Maker unknown. Owned and used by Rev. Maurice F. Oldham to store his Anglican clergyman's robes between 1927 and 1935. Throughout his long service to the church, Reverend and Mrs. Oldham ministered to parishes in Dundalk, Tara, Thornbury-Clarksburg, Brussels, Camden East, Clayton, Innisville and Franktown.
Last belonged to Brian and Norma Rice of Sauble Beach, Bruce County. How they came to have it is unknown.
|Found||Sauble Beach, Bruce County|
Oldham, Rev. Maurice