|Object ID #||1957.025.028ab|
|Object Name||Cylinder, Phonograph|
|Lexicon category||6: T&E For Communication|
|Made||Orange, N.J., USA|
|Description||One orange, blue and white cardboard phonograph cylindar tube and cylindar. "EDISON BLUE AMBEROL RECORD." is printed on the front label. A portrait of Thomas A. Edison is on the side. Under this portrait is a paragraph regarding the license to patent the record. The top of this tube is a description of the song that the blue celliod cylindar inside the tube has recorded "2163. EVER OF THEE VENETIAN (INST) QUARTET."|
The phonograph cylindar originally belonged to a J. J. Fleming of Grey County (likely resided in Derby Township).
Later owned by Mrs. Stuart Vanstone (E. L. Vanstone, also known as Leslie Vanstone), resided at R.R.#4, Owen Sound, Grey County at the time of accession, and by her daughter, Patricia Vanstone.
Edison Amberol records were introduced in 1912. The Edison Amberola 30 phonograph model was introduced in February, 1915. One collector on the internet mentions that Amberola 30s were kept in production until 1929.
|Collection||Musical Instruments & Accessories Collection|
|Dimensions||L-4.567 Dia-2.559 inches|