|Object ID #||1961.043.007|
|Lexicon category||3: Personal Artifacts|
|Place of Origin||Unknown|
A long, woven, beaded necklace, with an amber stone pendant. The woven beads are blue, amber and semi-opaque glass beads.
Most likely originally belonged to Elizabeth McLean (neé Blyth or Blythe) who was born in 1838 and died at Owen Sound, Ontario in 1921. Elizabeth had arrived in the village of Sydenham in the 1840s, after moving from the Cincinnati area. She married a Scotsman, John McLean, in the early 1860s at Owen Sound, Canada West, and they resided at 37 High Street (later the address was known as 1663 5th Ave. East).
Subsequently owned by Mary A. McLean, 1878-1967, Elizabth and John's daugher, who was born in Owen Sound, Ontario. She had a sister, Grace McLean, and other siblings.
|Collection||Jewellery, 20th-c Collection|
|Found||Owen Sound, Grey County|
McLean, Mary A.
|Function||Female jewellery item to be worn for adornment.|