|Object ID #||1995.031.002|
|Object Name||Pin, Membership|
|Title||Badge Pin From the Owen Sound Ski Club 1936-1937|
|Lexicon category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Year Range from||1936|
|Year Range to||1937|
|Artist||Lackie Manufacturing Company|
|Made||Lackie Manufacturing Co.|
|Place of Origin||Toronto, Ontario|
Badge pin from the Owen Sound Ski Club, 1936-1937. It is metal and looks like it is brass and copper plated. It is shaped so that it has a banner at the top, which has the wording "OWEN SOUND" on it, a pointed area with a silhouette of a skier, the date "1936-7", and a bottom banner that has "SKI CLUB" on it. The reverse side has a tiny manufacturer's mark stamped. It was made by the Lackie Mfg. Co. of Toronto. There is a pinstem on the back.
|Makers mark||Stamped on reverse|
Provenance unknown. The Owen Sound Ski Club was active between 1936-c.1947. This pin is from 1936-1937. The onset of the Second World War contributed to the end of the club.
Last owned by Marshall Webster of Lion's Head, Bruce County.
|Collection||Sporting & Recreational Equipment, 20th-c Collection|
|Dimensions||W-2.5 L-2.8 cm|
Owen Sound Ski Club