Museum logo
Museum logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object ID # 2008.109.095
Object Name Pew
Title Right Pew from the Morrison United Church
Lexicon category 2: Building Furnishings
Made Unknown
Place of Origin Unknown
Description Church pew (right #7) from the right side of the church. This is one of twelve right pews out of an overall group of thirty-eight. See RELATED items.
Provenance Manufacturer unknown. Belonged to Morrison United Church, in Cedarville, Grey County. This church was built on the site of a former church in 1899-1900; it was initially a Presbyterian Church, and became a United Church in 1924-1925. It was named in honour of the Reverend John Morrison, who was a Presbyterian minister in the area in the 19th-century. The church's last minister was Marianne Leach Hoffer. It closed in 2008.

Collection Furniture, 20th-c Collection
Material Wood/Metal/Finish
Found Cedarville, Township of Southgate, Grey County