|Object ID #||1992.027.049|
|Object Name||Coil, Ignition|
|Lexicon category||7: Distribution & Transportation Artifact|
|Year Range from||1908.0|
|Year Range to||1930.0|
|Place of Origin||Unknown|
|Description||Model T automobile's ignition coil, 1920s. The exterior of the coil has a joined-corners wooden carcase.There is no maker's identification. The top has some hardware affixed - a metal plate is screwed down to the wooden carcase. On the top of the metal plate are four screws facing outwards and a circular piece revealed by a hole in the plate. One narrow side has two round contact points, and there is one present on the underside of the base.|
Owned by and used at the Dornoch, Grey County garage owned by J. Leonard Walsh. J. Leonard Walsh operated his garage at Dornoch, Ontario in the 1930s and 1940s. He was an Imperial Oil representative, starting in the 1920s.
Passed to his nephew, Patrick Sweeney, who used to assist his uncle in the garage.
|Collection||Transportation, Automobiles & Equipment Collection|
|Dimensions||H-17 W-9.5 L-5.3 cm|
|Found||Dornoch, Municipality of West Grey, Grey County|
Walsh, J. Leonard