|Object ID #||1992.023.015|
|Object Name||Set, Piston Ring|
|Title||PERFECT CIRCLE Piston Rings Package|
|Lexicon category||7: Distribution & Transportation Artifact|
|Place of Origin||Unknown|
|Description||PERFECT CIRCLE piston rings in their original box. The cardboard box is printed with red, black, and yellow. "PERFECT CIRCLE" is printed in black inside a yellow circle on the top of the box. Also in this circle, curved around the edge, are the words "LEADERSHIP," "INTEGRITY," and "SERVICE." Another yellow circle on the front of the box has "CUSTOM MADE" printed inside it, with "PERFECT CIRCLE" curved to fit over the top. Coming out from either side of this second yellow circle is a black band with a pattern of yellow stars that continues on around the box. A hole in the front of the box reveals the numbers "531." Most of the piston rings are still sealed inside blue-printed, square envelopes. They are marked as "COMPRESSION RINGS." Could be used for 1938-1940 Dodge and Plymouth autos. Dated inside with Oct. 15, 1945|
|Makers mark||Printed with "PERFECT CIRCLE"|
Belonged to J. Leonard Walsh, who owned and operated an Imperial Oil service station and garage at Dornoch, Grey County, starting in the 1920s.
James Leonard Walsh died on June 5, 1986, in his 92nd year. He is buried at St. Paul's Cemetery in Grey County. Last owned by Patrick Sweeney, one of his nephews, who used to help him in the Dornoch garage.
|Collection||Transportation, Automobiles & Equipment Collection|
|Dimensions||H-80 W-12 L-11 cm|
|Found||Durham, Municipality of West Grey, Grey County|
Walsh, J. Leonard