|Object ID #||2005.017.001|
|Title||Anglican Clergyman's Cape|
|Lexicon category||3: Personal Artifacts|
|Year Range from||1927|
|Year Range to||1965|
|Place of Origin||Unknown|
A waist-length black cape. It is made of all-black, bengaline fabric. It has a plain collar that has a one-button closure (with a white pearl button) at the back. There is no maker's identification attached to it.
Maker unknown. Owned and worn by Rev. Maurice Oldham. Throughout his long service to the church, Reverend and Mrs. Oldham ministered to parishes in Dundalk, Tara, Thornbury-Clarksburg, Brussels, Camden East, Clayton, Innisville and Franktown.
Last belonged to Brian and Norma Rice of Sauble Beach, Bruce County. How they came to have it is unknown.
|Collection||Textiles, 20th-c Clothing Collection, Men's|
|Found||Sauble Beach, Bruce County|
Oldham, Rev. Maurice