|Object ID #||1990.008.003|
|Lexicon category||7: Distribution & Transportation Artifact|
|Year Range from||1890|
|Year Range to||1915|
|Place of Origin||Unknown|
Three-sided, aqua glass poison bottle, c. 1890s. There is no glassmaker's mark to identify its origin. The shape was intended to warn a sight-impaired person that the substance within was poisonous and should not be ingested. The bottle looks like it originally was cork-stoppered.
Likely dates from the 1890s to the very early 1900s, when cork-stoppered bottles were still in use, as well as aqua-coloured glass.
Darryl Angel found this bottle in an old dump site in Grey County.
|Collection||Bottles & Equipment, 19th-c Collection|
|Dimensions||H-13.5 W-6 D-6 cm|
|Found||Tara, Bruce County|