|Object ID #||1959.009.012ab|
|Lexicon category||2: Building Furnishings|
Shiny reflector for a kerosene wall lamp bracket formerly used at the Presbyterian Church at Keady. Gold/copper-coloured lamp bracket. One silvertone plated metal reflector. The back has a black-finished cylindrical handle or projection spacer piece with a nozzle or socket protruding from it.
This lamp reflector was formerly used at the Keady Presbyterian Church (Derby Township, Grey County,Ontario). The previous owner was Maggie Beckett (nee Cook). She told the museum staff in 1959 that the reflectors and lamps she gave had been used in both the old and new church, before 1900.
The previous owner, Maggie Beckett (nee Cook) of Keady married Grant Beckett in 1926. She had a twin sister. Her parents were Mr. and Mrs. Wilfred Cook of Keady. She passed away in July, 1982.
|Collection||Household Equipment, 20th-c Collection|
|Found||Keady, Township of Georgian Bluffs, Grey County|
Keady Presbyterian Church
|Function||A reflector item used to enhance the light quality from a kerosene wall lamp.|