|Object ID #||1957.025.018ab|
|Lexicon category||7: Distribution & Transportation Artifact|
|Description||One green, white and gold cardboard phonograph cylindar tube and lid with "EDISON AMBERAL RECORD FOUR MINUTE" printed on the front label with a portrait of Thomas A Edison. Around this portrait is printed "Copyrigght 1900 by The National Phonograph Co., Orange, N.J., U.S.A." The cylindar tube is empty. One the top is printed "302 / Carnical of Venice / (Paganin-Banner) / Violin and Guitar / Ollivotti Troubadours."|
The phonograph cylindar originally belonged to a J. J. Fleming of Grey County (likely resided in Derby Township).
Later owned by Mrs. Stuart Vanstone (E. L. Vanstone, also known as Leslie Vanstone), resided at R.R.#4, Owen Sound, Ontario at the time of accession, and by her daughter, Patricia Vanstone.
Edison Amberol records were introduced in 1912. The Edison Amberola 30 phonograph model was introduced in February, 1915. One collector on the internet mentions that Amberola 30s were kept in production until 1929.
|Collection||Musical Instruments & Accessories Collection|
|Dimensions||L-4.567 Dia-2.559 inches|