|Object ID #||2012.054.052|
|Object Name||Bow, Clothing|
|Title||Woman's Fancy Bow|
|Lexicon category||3: Personal Artifacts|
|Place of Origin||Unknown|
|Description||Woman's sheer, off-white, lace-trimmed and embroidered bow. It arrived with a straight pin in it. It has a bobbin lace trim.|
Manufacturer unknown. Dates to the early 20th-century.
Belonged to McKay Brothers Limited, a drygoods department store in Owen Sound, Grey County. The building was designed in 1905 by Forster and Clark of Owen Sound, for the Ryan Brothers drygoods business. It was located at 942, 2nd Avenue East. In 1924, it was acquired by the McKay Brothers, who had a previous location on main street.
Last owned by Tim Cotter of Owen Sound. He worked at the department store, starting as an errand boy and eventually becoming assistant manager. The store closed in June of 1989.
|Collection||Textiles, 20th-c Clothing Collection, Women's|
|Dimensions||W-17 L-10.5 D-0.5 cm|
|Found||Owen Sound, Grey County|
Owen Sound Business
Owen Sound Businesses