|Object ID #||2005.017.002|
|Title||Rev. M. F. Oldham's Collar|
|Lexicon category||3: Personal Artifacts|
|Year Range from||1927|
|Year Range to||1965|
|Place of Origin||Unknown|
This Anglican clergyman's dickey-style black collar belonged to Rev. M. F. Oldham. The collar is stiffened and is 3 cm high. It has an approx. 30 cm long, rounded dickey part attached. The front is plain black bengaline, and the back side is satiny and also plain black. No maker's identification is present.
Maker unknown. Owned and worn by Rev. Maurice Oldham. Throughout his long service to the church, Reverend and Mrs. Oldham ministered to parishes in Dundalk, Tara, Thornbury-Clarksburg, Brussels, Camden East, Clayton, Innisville and Franktown.
Last belonged to Brian and Norma Rice of Sauble Beach, Bruce County. How they came to have it is unknown.
|Collection||Textiles, 20th-c Clothing Collection, Men's|
|Found||Sauble Beach, Bruce County|
Oldham, Rev. Maurice