|Object ID #||1969.030.006|
|Object Name||Table, Parlor|
|Lexicon category||2: Building Furnishings|
|Year Range from||1900|
|Year Range to||1920|
|Place of Origin||Unknown|
Small, square-shaped, dark-finished wooden table with four curved legs and lower shelf, perhaps 1910s or 1920s? Like the top, the smaller shelf is squarish and plain.
Function: A table intended to be kept in a parlour area and used to display or support one or two objects at the most. It would also have its top covered with a square cloth or doily (a fringe would hang over the table edges).
Probably used at "Bothwell's Manor", a 19th-century Victorian farm house owned by George Bothwell adn located on the north side of Highway 26 near Hatton's Corners [in the former Sydenham Township Grey County]. This location is just east of Owen Sound, Grey County.
Passed down to Gordon and Viola Bothwell.
|Collection||Furniture, 20th-c Collection|
|Found||Sydenham Township (formerly), Municipality of Meaford, Grey County|