|Object ID #||1992.027.035|
|Object Name||Wheel, Vehicle Steering|
|Lexicon category||7: Distribution & Transportation Artifact|
|Year Range from||1927|
|Place of Origin||Unknown|
|Description||Steering wheel, possibly from a Model A Ford automobile. This black steering wheel is made out of metal with a rubber coating. It has four spokes extending from a central, exposed metal piece. "EF" is carved into one of its four spokes, while some sort of fabric-based tape (medical tape) is used to secure another. On the back of the wheel is an embossed circular mark that reads "SW/RM/CO" (or CD).|
Circular mark with SW and RM included in it
One of the spokes is impressed EF
Owned by and used at the Dornoch, Grey County garage owned by J. Leonard Walsh. J. Leonard Walsh operated his garage at Dornoch, Ontario in the 1930s and 1940s. He was an Imperial Oil representative, starting in the 1920s.
Passed to his nephew, Patrick Sweeney, who used to assist his uncle in the garage.
|Collection||Transportation, Automobiles & Equipment Collection|
|Dimensions||D-8 Dia-44 cm|
|Found||Dornoch, Municipality of West Grey, Grey County|
Walsh, J. Leonard