Belonged to Scottish settler, William. P. Telford Sr. (b. 1797-d. 1879), at Annan, Grey County. Mr. Telford and his wife and some of their family emigrated in 1840 and his family lived for a time at Galt. They later moved on to Annan, Sydenham Township, Canada West, in the 1850s. It likely next belonged to J. P. Telford (Colonel James Pattison Telford), as he was a woodworker like his father. James P. Telford's family later lived in Owen Sound, Grey County, and the piece was passed down to the Murray M. Telford family. It was last owned by his wife, Dorothy A. Telford (neé Vincent).