|Object ID #||2004.006.001|
|Lexicon category||3: Personal Artifacts|
|Year Range from||1890|
|Year Range to||1910|
|Artist||Gendron Mfg. Co. Ltd.|
|Made||Gendron Manufacturing Co. Ltd.|
|Place of Origin||Toronto, Ontario|
Three-wheeled canework (rattan) wheelchair, called an "invalid's chair". It has rattan panels and wire-spoked wheels. Its maker's label wording is missing now (likely was a Gendron product). Looks like the maker's label was affixed at the back. There is a wooden foot rest. The small rear wheel is made to pivot.
|Makers mark||No longer extant (plate removed)|
The item is missing its maker's label wording, but there is a high probability that it was manufactured by the Gendron Mfg. Co. Ltd. of Toronto in the late 1890s. It is unknown who originally used the chair, but it was kept by the James P. Telford family of Owen Sound, Grey County, and last belonged to Murray M. Telford and Dorothy A. Telford (neé Vincent) of Owen Sound. Murray was a grandson of James P. and Catherine Telford (who resided at Owen Sound from 1887-1933).
|Collection||Medical/Dentistry, 19th-c Collection|
|Dimensions||H-48.622 W-26.772 D-47.638 inches|
|Found||Owen Sound, Grey County|
Telford, James P.
Telford, Dorothy A.